Saving Your Cash.
So, now that we can generally understand why and how to make a budget. We need to look into why budgeting can grow savings. Most college students (roughly 53% according to studyfinds.org) have a savings account with money in it. Just over half of college students have a savings account with any money, which is horrendously low. So, why not save?
According to studyfinds.org, graduate students spend lots of their money on material things such as clothes, trips, and hobbies. About 52% of graduate students spend money on clothes, 48% spend money on hobbies, and 44% spend money on trips. This keep in mind, is on a regular basis, every two weeks, so, why not save money. What if we saved?
Saving money is important for the what if negative expenses that you don't expect. Roughly 69 million vehicle breakdowns happen every year. That's some hefty cash you are shelling out, and if you don't save, where's that money coming from? Mom, Dad, your paycheck and you not eating this week? Having a savings is super important, and it allows for new avenues like investing. So, using budgeting, save money to use for the future, not the now. Looking around campus, you see cars ten, fifteen years old that you know need work. Yet, we drive them around aimlessly waiting for the bombshell of $500 to be taken from our accounts. I'm not saying you need savings, but I am saying that having savings saves you from negative outcomes that you cant avoid.
The links to the articles I researched are here, so you know that I'm not lying about these numbers.
I can't agree more with this blog. In our society today kids our age love spending now rather than saving and looking at the positive effect it will have on us in the future. Just taking a look around campus you can see this, it's crazy. I feel like more kids need to start saving young rather than spending money on things they want because it looks cool or the just simply want it. This is a very good topic that I think need addressed a little more to our generation and a lot of people will thank us later.
ReplyDeleteHey Conner, great blog I agree with you that a saving account is huge for people especially college students. After college some start with no debt, but most have some kind of debt and after not working full-time for four years due to college a savings account is crucial. I like the statistics that you added it back's your points great such as only 53% of college student have a savings account. A little over half of college student have a savings in my eyes a savings account is the money startup for your future. The links you provided are useful tools as well to gain more information for the reader.
ReplyDelete